Noiștat / Neustadt b. Angetheln / Újváros

In the village on the Hârtibaciu River, which was first mentioned in a document in 1355, a Gothic church was built in the 15th century, and later extended to become a fortified church. Of this ensemble, the stone church tower and the remains of the old curtain wall in the south are still preserved. Below the cornice ledges, the openings for the wooden beams of the former battlement floor are still clearly visible on the tower.

After the removal of the fortifications and thenave in the 19th century, a new church with a semicircular apse was built in the east.

The Baroque altar (1792) is from the workshop of Johann Folberth from Sighișoara. The organ, which is also Baroque, was built by Samuel Maetz and was reworked, modernized and equipped with a Classicist facade by Carl Leopold Wegenstein in 1926.