Zagăr / Rode / Zágor

The simple hall church in Zagăr was built in 1783/84. No traces of the smaller Gothic predecessor church have been preserved. The flat ceiling is decorated with Baroque stucco ornaments. The church is surrounded by a four to five meter high, square defensive wall. In three of the four corners, there is a fortification tower. The inscription 1653 can be seen on the northwest tower. At the same time as the church, a bell tower of 37 meters height was built in the west. The Baroque altar from the year 1791 is the work of the master carpenter Daniel Petersberger from Mediaș. The central picture shows the crucifixion scene with two female figures, above it the resurrection.