Nothing is known about the construction of the small Gothic church in Zlagna. However, the stone masonry, the polygonal choir screen, the round-arched windows in the church hall and the round openings in the western façade suggest that it was built in the 15th century. There are no inscriptions on the walls and the parish archive does not provide any clues to the building’s history. Later galleries were added on three sides and in 1793 the church was given a coffered ceiling. Two meters southeast of the church there is a bell tower, which received its present form between 1828 and 1830. The central image of the simple altar from 1670 depicts Jesus in Gethsemane, at the foot of the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. The altar is flanked by two columns, crowned by two angelic figures. The baptismal font (stolen at Easter 1997) and the pulpit have no particular artistic value, but reflect the weak economic conditions of the village, which served various lords until the abolition of the feudal system.
- 2021 Repair works within the roof programme