Târnava / Großprobstdorf / Nagyekemező

The Gothic hall church of Târnava was already built in the 14th century. It received its present appearance around 1500. The choir is transferred with a clay ribbed vault with seven lunettes. The windows are one-piece ogival windows and the stone frame of the sacristy portal also has an ogival end. An ogival triumphal arch, also with flattened edges, separates the choir from the hall, which is spanned by a cross-ribbed vault and supported by ten buttresses. In the 16th century, two carved wooden doors were inserted into the west portal. The southern portal, through which one enters the church, has a simple profile consisting of pear-shaped, coving and rectangular bars. The west gallery is supported by three pointed arch arcades and has a clay ribbed vault. During the renovation in 1869, the south and west portals were supplemented with porches and the gable of the west front was partially removed and replaced by a crippled hipped roof. In a short distance from the church is the bell tower, whose roof truss and battlement were removed in 1897. During a flood twenty years earlier, earth masses accumulated around the church, so that today the church is buried about two meters high. At the beginning of the 20th century, large parts of the fortification walls were removed with the aim of building a parish hall. Remains of the curtain wall are still preserved in the south.