Ruja / Roseln / Rozsonda

As early as the 13th century, a Romanesque basilica was built in Ruja, of which nothing remains today. The church in its present, fortified appearance was built in the 15th century and is characterized by a massive west tower with a wood-covered battlement, a battlement floor above the choir, as well as cast iron embrasures and embrasures.

The ceiling of the church room is a barrel vault with lunettes, in the choir there is a clay ribbed net vault. The interior is mostly Classicistic: altar and pulpit date from the middle of the 19th century. The organ, which has a Baroque façade, dates from 1803 and was made in the studio of the organ builder Samuel Joseph Maetz. It has been rebuilt and repaired repeatedly.


  • 2014-2020 EU-financed restoration project of the fortified church