A complaint to the Pope in 1309 casually mentions that the church of Nadeș is dedicated to St. Martin. In the second half of the 15th century, the church underwent major reconstruction. The nave was demolished around 1850 and a Neo-Classical new building was erected on this site by Samuel Teutsch until 1853, whose vaulting breaks through the eastern side of the defensive wall. According to the ground plan, the embrasures and the peaks, the curtain wall was built in the 15th century. At one time, five defense towers rose above the defense wall – until the parishioners of Nadeș demolished two of them in 1880. The bell tower on the west side has Romanesque features. In addition, a round vault on the north side of the tower, which has a simple cornice inside, indicates the existence of a Romanesque basilica on this site. In the tower a small bell is preserved; it was cast in 1470 and bears the inscription “helf got maria berot”. It is the first known German inscription on a bell in Transylvania. On the evening of June 29, 2017, seven beams fell from the church ceiling above the western gallery and damaged the organ below to a large extent. The cause of the collapse was the roof, which had been leaking for many years, and consequently the rain, which fell at this very spot in the western part of the nave. Dry rot and woodworms spread undetected for a long period of time.